A gorgeously autumnal leaf embroidery kit inspired by the ever-changing conker trees outside my Worcestershire window.
Cosy up on a chilly afternoon with this hand embroidery kit. The horse chestnut leaf design is printed onto soft linen fabric for you to follow. The fabric is printed with autumn leaf coloured brush strokes – burnt orange, bonfire red and bright yellow – on a soft grey background.
The kit uses sumptuous hand-dyed variegated embroidery thread, in autumnal reds and oranges, with a little shot of olive green. You have more than enough included to complete the kit. Full printed instructions are included and the embroidery uses two simple stitches – stem stitch and backstitch.
- 17.5″ fabric square with printed design
- 12m perle #5 variegated embroidery thread – hand-dyed floss by Norfolk-based indie-dyer Sandra Beech
- 5″ Elbessee embroidery kit – made in the UK
- 1 x #22 chenille needle from John James
- Full printed instructions with stitch explanations and diagrams
Stitching time: approximately 3 hours