A dazzling starling embroidery kit, inspired by the feathered friends that hop around my garden.
This hand embroidery design takes is drawn from the starling’s jewel-like feathers. It has a printed background of bright blue, navy blue and a tealy-green brush strokes on pale grey fabric. It is stitched with beautiful hand-dyed variegated thread in dark green and turquoise – and you have more than enough included within your kit to complete your project.
Suitable for beginners, the embroidery uses four simple stitches (chain stitch, stem stitch, satin stitch and french knots), with easy to follow stitch guidelines printed on the fabric, plus a detailed instruction booklet.
- 17.5″ fabric square with printed design
- 13m perle #5 variegated embroidery thread – hand-dyed floss by Norfolk-based indie-dyer Sandra Beech
- 5″ Elbessee embroidery kit – made in the UK
- 1 x #22 chenille needle from John James
- Full printed instructions with stitch explanations and diagrams
Stitching time: approximately 3 hours