3mm Cork Cord
Handmade natural cork cord that is made from bark from the cork oak tree. A sustainable process that does not harm the tree, it is made from dead cells that accumulate on the outer surface of the tree that mostly grows in southwest Europe. The process doesn’t harm the tree, but is actually good for them. Stripping a cork oak of it’s bark also enhances the ability to absorb carbon dioxide, so not only is it a fantastic sustainable, renewable, animal friendly product it also helps to remove CO2 from the atmosphere.
This unusual threading material can be used in place of leather or fake leather cords, it is a versatile and renewable material and available in many different colours.
Cork is a chic and eco-friendly material that is naturally water and stain resistant. It can be cleaned with a damp soft cloth to be kept as new.
We currently have the following colours available and can be in multiples of 1m lengths.
– Natural with gold flecks
– Light blue
– Dark blue
– These pieces are made by hand and made to order. Due to the handmade nature of these items, slight variations in placement and shading is completely normal.
– This listing is for 1m of cord, any other pieces shown are sold separately.
– We offer special rates for bulk and wholesale orders, please message us to discuss this.
– All our gifts and jewellery are gift-wrapped, bagged, or boxed please see the item description/pictures for more detailed information.
– We process all orders within 3 business days, if your order is time sensitive please let us know and we will do our best to rush your order and have it shipped ASAP.
– We post using royal mail trackable services and special, next-day delivery is available as an option at check out, all orders over £35 are shipped free of charge.
– We try to use products from ethical and sustainable suppliers and use recycled, recyclable or re-used postal packaging where ever possible.