These handmade porcelain disk earrings are from my ‘Forged’ collection.
Inspired by the texture of hammered metal, these light weight yet resilient studs combine porcelain with platinum lustre and a securely fitted with 925 sterling silver posts and butterfly backs. With an elegant minimalist style they are designed to be worn every day.
All Kat Foreman Jewellery is handmade in my Cambridge studio. Each precious item is a unique piece of art. Please allow for minor irregularities and variations to the photographs shown.
HOW WILL THE JEWELLERY BE PACKAGED?
Your items will be neatly packaged in a beautiful gift box and posted in a 100% recyclable small postage box to protect them while they’re on the way. I use Royal mail first class when posting items and delivery is Free in the UK.
HOW ITS MADE:
Each piece is first sculpted in raw porcelain. I use a combination of my hands and specialist clay tools to shape and create detail and then leave it to dry. It is then fired in a kiln to harden. Next I polish the surface, refining the smooth texture and then paint it with glaze. After firing the piece again at a temperature of over 1200 degrees Celsius (which purifies and strengthens the material), I hand paint 22k gold lustre into the desired areas. It is then fired for a third and final time and combined with either sterling silver or 14k gold filled findings to reveal the finished result you see in the picture.
HOW TO TAKE CARE OF MY JEWELLERY?
Gold lustre colour may fade with use, particularly that worn close to the body. Sterling silver may become tarnished and dull over time. This is a normal result from long-term wear and contact with air. However, with careful handling your jewellery can have a longer life. Here are some care tips for you:
• Please avoid direct contact with water and chemical products, such as soap, perfume, hand cleaning gel, oils, make up, moisturisers, etc.
• Please do not wear jewellery while swimming or showering. Use a soft cloth to dry if it gets wet.
• Please do not yank and pull chains or components.
• You can remove tarnish from sterling silver with a silver cleaning cloth. This will not harm the porcelain.
• For the porcelain part, please avoid impact with hard surfaces and sharp objects as it can be a fragile material.
• Please store the jewellery in a dry place such as your bedroom, and not the bathroom. We recommend storing the jewellery in its original packaging to avoid it being damaged or scratched.
WHAT IF MY JEWELLERY BECOMES DAMAGED?
Please get in touch and I will do everything I can to repair the damage. Please note this may incur a cost.